this is the semi-grown up blog of liz markus, showcasing her ability to put letters and symbols together in a pleasant and correct manner.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

stupid blogger.

why make a carriage return stroke automatically publish a post?

why make the title of the mistaken post still show up in RSS feeds even after you put it back into a draft?

stupid.

edit: AND WHY, WHEN THE POST IS A MISTAKE, DOES IT APPEAR IMMEDIATELY IN FEEDS BUT THE REPLACEMENT POST TAKES EIGHTY-FOUR HOURS TO SHOW UP?

4 comments:

  1. I am about to publish my first post in a week and, since it seems things have changed very recently, I will now be very very careful to not fall into their stupid trap of stupidness and stupidity. Thank you for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Blogger or the browser? I get all kinds of ridiculous things happening with my keyboard because of how the browser is programmed...or maybe it's particular sites using crappy out-of-box software for their web design. A backspace making my browser go back a page instead of deleting a character I just typed, so I lose everything I just wrote gived me a case of buttcheeks.

    <3 carriage return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm pretty sure it's Blogger, they've changed all of the settings and now even when to TELL it what you want a carriage return to do, it says "OH, okay!" and does something else. I just spend 20 minutes trying to get a post to format properly because when I looked at the code it was adding all sorts of bizarre indents and line/paragraphs breaks where I didn't want them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh me, not noticing when people actually respond to my posts. my super-bad.

    it's when you're tagging the post, if you hit enter in that field, it will publish your post. WHO DOES THAT?

    ReplyDelete